ENVIRONMENTAL POLICY STATEMENT
UPTC Limited is a UK based trading company. Our Board of Directors are fully aware of the positive and negative impact our operations and business activities can have on the environment and on the lives of others. We are constantly striving for new ways in which to minimise any operations or activities that may be considered harmful to the environmental. We proactively encourage the use of environmentally friendly technologies, systems, products and management techniques and promote the extensive credentials of working with UPTC Limited to our partners, clients and customers.
UPTC Limited will speciﬁcally:
- Constantly monitor and review both our positive and negative environmental impact in relation to all aspects of our operations, supplies and projects.
- Actively source suppliers, partners and clients who have a similar environmental message to ours. We work with partners whom work to a strong ethical framework and proactively aim to reduce their impact on the environment through new and innovative techniques.
- Ensure environmental issues are at the forefront of our management processes and procedures.
- Encourage all of our employees through relevant and informative techniques to offset the harmful carbon emissions produced by their journeys.
- Meet and exceed, where reasonable, the standards of environmental legislation and industry best practice.
- Assess the environmental impact of our business at a national and global level.
- Work with independent external organisations to facilitate a series of audits in order to monitor and review our own environmental performance. We will instigate as a result of these audits a process of continuous improvement.
- Endeavour to provide adequate and relevant resources to the business to fulﬁl the ways of working as detailed in this document.
- Commit ourselves to the training and supervision of our staff to include a focus on the environmental impact of our activities.
- The company and its entire staff should be committed to promoting our key environmental messages to all of our suppliers, partners and customers.
- Whenever practicable we will use recycled and recyclable materials and promote a culture of reducing the amount of waste produced by our activities.
- When sourcing or considering partner brands we will review their environmental policies as part of any process to reach a decision on a working relationship.
Reviewed January 2015